RSS
Write some words about you and your blog here

Putting me out there, Rozanne Forword

Rozanne Forword

Hello to all those aspiring journalists, passionate writers and free thinkers.
My name is Rozanne, Rozie for short, and I am a first year journalism student at Rhodes University in Grahamstown, South Africa. I am currently reading Confessions Of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins and my favourite author is C.S Lewis. I am crazy about drama, nature, old movies and most importantly writing and sharing my ideas of the world with other people.
The people who started this blog with me are also fellow journalism students and together we decided that we wanted our blog to be inspirational, controversial and edgy. We want people to feel they can comment on whatever they like and share their opinions as much as possible. We want to learn from you as much as we want you to be inspired by what we have to say.
I feel that too much of what we learn about the world is edited and cut by news broadcasters and editors of newspapers. As we have learnt in our course of journalism this year, these journalists who are responsible for what we see and hear in the media about worldly events, are often bribed and ordered to reveal to the public only what certain elite people would like us to see. It is our job as upcoming journalist to literally “write” the wrongs of these journalists.
I want to share knowledge that is not revealed to the public for certain, secretive reasons and I want people to share their own stories with me. I want to inform people of the corruption and destruction going on in the world as things cannot change if we don’t know the truth yet.
I love life as a journalism student and I hope to inspire people to share my journalism views. To be a journalist means to write the truth. My main aim for starting this blog is to allow people to speak freely and hopefully to produce a following of journalists and free thinkers who will make a stand with me to stop the evolution of journalists who write and say only what they are told. I believe in a new breed of journalists, ones that let their voices and opinions be heard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment